Sunday, May 2, 2010

Our Gardens

We planted his and hers square foot gardens. Nate's is mostly all peppers, with some potatoes and filler flowers (except his back vine area which he let me hijack for squash and beans), my garden has a whole bunch of things planted from seeds.....carrots, broccoli, onions, and a few odds and ends like more squash, cucumbers and oregano. The Square Foot Gardner book promises us we can grow it all in a 5'x4' space, we'll watch and see if its right. Kaci, notice the planted box in front!



We also have a back area with garlic, butternut squash and watermelon. This area was ravaged by tomato roots last year so we dont have high expectations for growth, even one butternut squash would make me quite happy!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for edible gardens :) I'm trying to get G to build me a veggie garden bed, but I don't think we'll have time this year :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the garden. It did not look like this AT ALL! I think there should be an update.

    ReplyDelete